Gain a Competitive Edge
Happy staff = Happy guests. Discover areas for improvement and the things that matter to your employees. Improve the satisfaction of your team; improve the satisfaction of your guests.
Recruit and retain the best employees. Distinguish your hotel, motel, and campground or resort from other employers in Alberta’s tourism and hospitality industry.
Three Steps to Apply
1. Apply here. You’ll receive an email with links and instructions to get your application started.
2. Complete the online Human Resources Audit (HRA). See an example of HRA questions.
3. Have your staff complete the Employee Opinion Survey (EOS). See an example of EOS questions.
You Can Be an Employer of Choice
You can’t lose. Every single property that completes an application receives a comprehensive report that recognizes what they are doing well and areas for improvement. All AHLA members are eligible to apply, and our new streamlined process makes it even easier:
- Third party employee opinion surveys may be used instead of ours. We will consider these requests on a case by case basis to ensure the requirements are met for the EOC designation.
- Both an online audit of your property’s HR practices as well as an Employee Opinion Survey are required every year; however, in 2019 properties will be able to update their previous year’s audit information, rather than starting fresh each year.
Resources to help:
- Employment Standards Toolkit for Employers.
- AHLA HR Coordinator Zainub Siddiqui is available at 1.780.436.6112 ext. 249.