What is the Employer of Choice (EOC) designation?
The EOC designation was created to showcase exceptional human resources practices in the accommodation sector. Having an EOC designation shows that your staff are being treated fairly and are working in a safe environment.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Happy staff = Happy guests. Discover areas for improvement and the things that matter to your employees. Improve the satisfaction of your team; improve the satisfaction of your guests.
Recruit and retain the best employees. Distinguish your hotel, motel, or resort from other employers in Alberta’s tourism and hospitality industry.
Three Steps to Apply
1. Apply here. You’ll receive an email with links and instructions to get your application started.
2. Complete the online Human Resources Audit (HRA). See an example of HRA questions.
3. Have your staff complete the Employee Opinion Survey (EOS). See an example of EOS questions.
You Can Be an Employer of Choice
You can’t lose. Every single property that completes an application receives a comprehensive report that recognizes what they are doing well and areas for improvement. All AHLA members are eligible to apply, and our new streamlined process makes it even easier! The applications consists of two items:
- Employee Opinion Survey (required every year)
- Audit: Those properties that did not have a successfully completed application, or did not achieve the EOC designation, in 2018 must complete the audit component again for 2019. Properties that scored less than 85% in the 2018 audit will also need to complete the audit portion again.
* Third party employee opinion surveys may be used instead of ours. We will consider these requests on a case-by-case basis to ensure the requirements are met for the EOC designation.
Resources to help: