About the AHLA’s Governance
The AHLA’s Board of Directors is responsible for governing the association by:
- Defining and communicating the AHLA’s vision, mission, and values;
- Focusing on the whole organization rather than individual issues of interest;
- Speaking with one voice;
- Directing the AHLA’s work by approving policy and monitoring impact;
- Managing its own self-governance; and
- Hiring and supervising the AHLA President & CEO.
The Board meets four times per year. Board members sit on a number of committees, which meet as required.
If you are interested in becoming an AHLA Board Member, please review our AHLA Board Member job description. Elections are held every March.