Representing Members’ Interests to Government
The AHLA ensures members’ interests are represented on important legislative, policy, and regulatory decisions made at the municipal, provincial, and federal levels of government. Through the AHLA, Alberta’s tourism and hospitality industry speaks with one voice, working proactively with elected officials and bureaucrats to ensure they understand the impacts of their decisions on your business. We will:
- Build meaningful relationships with elected officials, their staff and department leads, and industry allies.
- Establish priorities and focus on what impacts our members directly.
- Build evidence on what needs to change and how that change can happen.
- Influence those in power to provide leadership, take action and invest resources.
- Maintain compliance with federal and provincial lobbying legislation.