The Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association is the official safety association for all hotels and convention centres that are a part of the Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board Industry Code 87503. All of these businesses are subscribers to important AHLA health and safety communications, as well as health and safety training opportunities.
Any hotel or other lodging facility can become a member of the AHLA.
As an AHLA member, you:
- Save money through cost-saving programs designed especially for hotels, including power, natural gas, insurance, and employee benefits.
- Access free training videos to help you train new employees and skill up current staff.
- Find out what guests are saying about your property through our quarterly Housekeeping Reports. Properties that demonstrate the highest standards of excellence in cleanliness, maintenance, and state of repair are eligible for the prestigious Housekeeping Award.
- Benchmark your wages and benefits, and budget for labour costs through our free Wage & Benefits Survey.
- Get an objective assessment of your HR practices through our Employer of Choice (EOC) program. Participating properties receive a comprehensive report on their HR practices and employee opinions. Those who demonstrate the highest standards of HR practices are eligible to receive the EOC designation, making it easier for your hotel to attract and retain staff.
- Save money on our annual professional development events, Aspire and Ascend.
- Be the first to hear about AHLA advocacy work, HR programs, OHS updates, and cost-saving programs through our newsletters.
For more information about membership, please contact Michael Presniak at 780.423.9239.