Why become an AHLA member?
- We are member owned, and are the voice of Alberta’s hotel industry.
- We deliver innovative solutions that are customized to Alberta hotels.
- We reinvest the value created by our programs and services to benefit our members.
Any hotel or other lodging facility can become a member of the AHLA.
Calculating your membership dues:
As a member in good standing, your property or group will be eligible for an 8% discount for participation in each of the power, natural gas, insurance, and employee benefits programs for dues. Up to 32% savings on your bill if you participate in all four programs.
|Fee per Room
|Fee per Liquor Licence
|Fee per VLT
*The following base fee discounts will be applied for hotels associated with multi-property ownership groups where all properties are members.
As an AHLA member, you can:
- Support vital advocacy work that supports your hotel. In 2022, the efforts of the AHLA and its 700+ members saw key commitments made by government to assess the value of allocating the full amount of the Tourism Levy to tourism and creating a dedicated immigration stream for tourism & hospitality.
- Manage costs through commercial programs designed especially for hotels, including power, natural gas, insurance, and employee benefits.
- Access free training videos to help you train new employees and skill up current staff.
- Save money on Ascend, our annual professional development event for hotel industry leaders and investors.
- Be the first to hear about AHLA advocacy work, government updates, legislation changes, and cost-saving programs through our newsletters.
- Receive support and resources developed specifically for the Alberta hotel industry. See our resources for hotels.
- Benchmark your wages and benefits, and budget for labour costs through our free Wage & Benefits Survey.
For more information about membership, please contact us at email@example.com or 780.436.6112.