About Prospect Human Services
Prospect Human Services is a not for profit and registered charity with offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Airdrie, Cochrane, and Strathmore. They offer workforce solutions to Alberta employers to help attract, recruit and retain top talent.
Prospect can help hotels access quality candidates from a variety of demographics that may not have been considered or accessed before. They work with Albertans who are youth, mature workers, people with disabilities, military veterans, first responders transitioning to second careers, and many more.
Prospect and the AHLA have formed a two- year partnership, with funding from the provincial government, to address the labour crisis so many of our members are facing.
How this works:
- Prospect will recruit eligible candidates for your hotel through Hiring events, career fairs, information sessions, industry insights & career spotlight events
- Cover the employees’ wages (up to $16/hr.) for a 12 week period
- Cover and Deliver in-house skills development training for employees
- Pay $$ for/ Administer training for certifications
- Share resources and communication – ongoing
Project dates: July 2023 – February 2025
Learn more about the partnership
Why Should I consider Prospect for my hiring needs?
Hiring a diverse workforce can bring a wealth of benefits to hotels, ranging from improved guest experiences to increased innovation and employee satisfaction. A diverse workforce can attract individuals with unique perspectives, experiences and ideas that can help foster a culture of innovation and creativity at your hotel. A diverse workforce can lead to higher morale, increased job satisfaction and fewer turnover rates.
Working with Prospect saves you time and money!