The Hospitality Insurance Program offered through the AHLA is a superior method of purchasing property and liability coverage for hotels. In partnership with the insurance experts at Western Financial Group, the program has been developed under a “Protected Self-Insurance” structure, providing participants with an ownership stake in the program. The coverage provided is highly comprehensive and is tailored to the unique needs of each property.
There are two divisions under the program: Lodging and Beverage. Each division is operated as a separate Protected Self-Insurance program. All coverage and policy wordings are the same for both divisions, but the Beverage division allows members who may not qualify through the Lodging division.
I have been working with Western Financial since the AHLA announced the self-insurance program many years ago. Our account manager has been excellent to work with and is very responsive to our requests. I have also received quotes from other insurance companies that have never been able to match the prices offered through Western Financial. I highly recommend the AHLA insurance program to other hoteliers!
– Ron Bateman, General Manager, Rundlestone Resorts Inc.
Benefits to AHLA Members
- Preferred cost structure providing immediate initial savings and long-term rate stability;
- Comprehensive Coverage Reviews and Risk Management Services;
- Service from Insurance & Claims Advisors who are hospitality insurance experts; and
- Compliance with the insurance requirements of all Brands and Banners.
To learn how to participate in the Hospitality Insurance Program, call Thom Proch at 1.800.665.8990 ext.7313 or visit http://www.westernfgis.ca/ahla/.