About the Program
EcoStay Certified helps hoteliers invest in energy-saving and emission-reducing projects, while uniting today’s discerning traveller in a meaningful, local eco-initiative.
Here’s how it works:
- Track, measure, and improve your energy use, sustainability, and social responsibility with our on-line portal that promises to improve performance, save money, reduce emissions, and track your progress.
- Earn funds for energy efficiency upgrades that will improve your environmental impact while reducing operating costs.
- Recoup the extra costs associated with Alberta’s new carbon tax, turning a negative into a positive for both you and your guests.
- Support the Alberta EcoStay Motherland Forest – a visible forestry protection and planting initiative complete with a walking path, and educational signs.
Benefits to AHLA Members
- Utility cost and usage control;
- Funding for energy saving upgrades;
- Recoup your carbon taxes
- Management and tracking of progress;
- Earning of certification and awards;
- Business growth;
- Showcasing achievements; and
- Leaving a legacy of nature and beauty for generations to come.
To sign up or learn more, contact email@example.com or call 1.877.430.3007.