On this page:
Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy
Gaming & Liquor
- AGLC COVID-19 Updates
- All gaming facility operators and retailers are required to develop an operational plan, and submit to AGLC, prior to opening. Read the AGLC’s letter re: required operational plans
Food & Beverage
- Guidance for Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs & Bars (Government of Alberta)
Water System Safety
Reduced occupancy in hotels or closures over the last couple of months has also meant reduced water flow. Under these conditions, water may stagnate, creating environments that may support the growth of disease-causing organisms.
Tourism Works Video Training
AHLA members have free access to the AHLA’s Tourism Works training videos. These videos focus on:
Not an AHLA member? Sign up for a FREE trial membership, valid until October 1, 2020 and start accessing Tourism Works videos today!
Financial Leadership Videos
If you are an AHLA member but don’t know your promotional code, please contact Gayle Day, Office Administrator, at 780.436.6112.
If you are interested in becoming an AHLA member, please contact Michael Presniak, Manager of Membership & Operations, at 780.423.9239. In order to support all Alberta hotels during COVID-19, we are offering complimentary trial AHLA memberships that will be valid until October 1, 2020.
Emerit offers skills training, upgrading, and certification opportunities for a wide range of tourism and hospitality professions. All Emerit programs are based on industry-defined standards and are recognized across Canada. Through emerit’s traditional online learning, workbooks, and manuals, your employees can focus on building real skills for a wide range of tourism and hospitality professions.
Business Generation Resources
- Travel Alberta Alberta at Home: This new website allows tourism businesses to provide special offers to their customers, such as take-home meal kits or buy-now, travel-later deals.
- Gillis COVID-19 Sales Relief Website: Gillis hospitality sales professionals has set up an online sales community to give you access to sales leads, sales tips, and a forum to answer your sales questions. Users will be asked to register and provide their credit card for the 60 day trial, but there will be no charge if they cancel before the 60 day deadline. Also see our webinars web page to see Gillis’ webinar about Holding the Line & Protecting Your Revenue During COVID-19.
- Bounce Back Canada: Minuteman Press has created the the Bounce Back Canada initiative, which provides free local advertising on your local Bounce Back website.