This year, the Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) reaches its centennial anniversary, and our members will celebrate 100 years of working together. When founded, the purpose of our Association was to:
- Influence the government on questions of prohibition,
- Counter the criticisms of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union,
- Improve the public image of hotels in the community,
- Reduce rivalry in the hotel industry,
- Lobby municipal governments on local taxation matters,
- Establish common policies regarding staffing, training, work hours, security, and cheque cashing, and
- Organize a common front to address the Bartenders’ Union.
One hundred years later, hotels continue to work together on many of these same issues through the AHLA. We are proud and excited to celebrate this history as we embark on our centennial year in 2019.
Centennial Committee Members
Upcoming Centennial Events
Thank You Centennial Partners!
Interested in AHLA Centennial Partnership Opportunities? Contact Michael Presniak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780.423.9239