Perry Batke, Past Chair
Current position: General Manager of Denham Hospitality Organization / Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites and Best Western Plus Edmonton Airport Hotel since 1993
AHLA Board Member since: 2009
Started working in hotel industry: 1993
- Bachelor of Commerce degree, University of Alberta
- Certified Hotel Administrator, American Hotel & Lodging Association
Other boards Perry has served on:
- Leduc / Nisku Economic Development Association (2002-06)
- Leduc & District Chamber of Commerce (2000-08)
- Best Western Peaks to Prairies (Western Canada) Marketing Co-op (2009-13)
- Best Western International Board of Governors (2006-present)
What Perry believes is the greatest challenge facing our industry:
I believe that over the short term, our greatest challenge will continue to be our current economic climate, mixed with the impacts of significant increases in hotel room supply. These forces will continue to test our members throughout the province. From an industry perspective, I feel that consolidation and the rise and evolution of disruptive platforms will continue to redefine and challenge our industry over the next many years.
Why Perry wanted to join the AHLA Board:
I felt that joining the AHLA Board was a great opportunity to contribute back to the industry. I always admired the work of the association and the positive impact it had our members. I wanted to be part of that effort to strengthen our industry.
Perry’s signature phrase around the office is, “Time to kick the skunk!”