Current position: Director of Hospitality, Sawridge Group of Companies since 2019; General Manager of Best Western Plus Sawridge Suites Fort McMurray since 2015 & Sawridge Hotel Edmonton South since 2019
AHLA Board Member since: 2020
Started working in hospitality industry: 1984 as a Night Auditor
Other boards Paul has served on:
- Fort McMurray Hotel & Lodging Association (2006 – present as a Charter Member, currently serving as Chair)
- Fort McMurray Tourism (2006 – 2011, including serving as Board Chair)
- Travel Alberta North (2006 – 2009, including serving as Board Chair)
- Strategic Marketing Council, representing Northern Alberta (2009 – 2012, appointed by Premier Stelmach)
- Fort McMurray Landlord & Tenants Association (2007 – 2010, including serving as Board Chair)
Why Paul wanted to join the AHLA Board:
I bring to the table more than 30 years of experience in the hospitality industry; experience that encompasses primary, secondary, and tertiary markets across Canada and the US. I believe that we need to set an example of giving back to the industry we work in while also setting an example for the hard working members of our teams who are the future of the hospitality industry.
Fun Fact about Paul:
Paul loves to travel and has logged more than 1,000,000 miles with Air Canada. He is also an enthusiastic photographer.