The AHLA’s Board of Directors is responsible for governing the association by:
- Defining and communicating the AHLA’s vision, mission, and values;
- Focusing on the whole organization rather than individual issues of interest;
- Speaking with one voice;
- Directing the AHLA’s work by approving policy and monitoring impact;
- Managing its own self-governance; and
- Hiring and supervising the AHLA President & CEO.
The Board meets four times per year. Board members sit on a number of committees, which meet as required.
Become a Board Member
If you are interested in becoming an AHLA board member, please review this position description to understand what the role requires. Elections are held every March.
Nominate Someone For The 2017-18 Board of Directors
If you would like to nominate a colleague to sit on the AHLA’s Board of Directors for the upcoming year, please fill out this nomination form in collaboration with your nominee.
Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 3, 2017. Elections will occur March 20 – 24, 2017.
If you would like more information on serving on the AHLA’s Board of Directors, please contact Past Chair, Steven Watters at 780.784.2950.