The AHLA is pleased to have the opportunity to contribute to the Federal Tourism Growth Strategy. We have outlined the challenges that hotels continue to face post-pandemic and opportunities for growth. We focused our submission around three pillars:
- Dedicated Labour Strategy
- Prioritize hotel sector jobs within the Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Program.
- Adjust policies within the International Experience Canada (IEC) Working Holiday program.
- Increase opportunities for international students.
- Improve Access for Visitors and Create a Predictable Travel Environment.
- Build a Regenerative and Inclusive Hotel Industry.
Click here to read our full submission. The AHLA will continue to advocate for the interests of the accommodation sector on behalf of our members, with a focus on measures that ensure full economic recovery and growth of our industry.