Find out how at Ascend 2021!
Our province may be emerging from a pandemic, but Alberta hotels have barely started down the road to recovery. Already battered by the province’s economic downturn, the Alberta hotel sector was hit particularly hard by COVID-19. With record low occupancy levels and RevPAR, Alberta tourism businesses now face a daunting task: rebuilding a decimated industry.
The pandemic has permanently changed how guests, employees, and stakeholders view hospitality, and if the hotel industry wants to survive, it needs to do the same.
Join the AHLA on September 20 & 21 at the JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District to gain perspective and inform your future strategic decisions as you rebuild your business.
Why Attend Ascend?
- Gain Insight. You’ll hear critical analysis & forecasts from the industry’s top advisors, including:
- Hotel industry expert and author Glenn Haussman, host of the popular hospitality podcast, No Vacancy, will help you understand how the current state of the industry is actually a tremendous opportunity to reframe your approach to hospitality.
- Political expert and radio columnist Paul McLoughlin will offer a critical view of Alberta’s political landscape.
- CBRE Hotels Valuation and Advisory Services will present the provincial and national accommodation outlook — Always one of our most popular sessions!
- Travel Alberta will share how its Bootstrap Business Plan approaches tourism in a new way.
- New this year! Financial experts weigh in on property valuations and financing, and will provide you with strategies to ride out Alberta’s economic challenges over the next few years.
- Gather & Network. This year’s in-person event will give you ample opportunity to network with other Alberta hotel leaders.
- Move forward with confidence. You’ll leave Ascend prepared to:
- Plan strategically for the next year — and beyond
- Make informed decisions for your budget
- Prepare your business to thrive in a post-pandemic economy