Members can now manage their electricity costs through the AHLA’s new power program with Gas Alberta Energy (GAE). GAE has been the trusted partner of the AHLA’s Natural Gas Program since 2005 and is pleased to help members navigate through an unpredictable electricity market as well.
Why is the electricity market so unpredictable?
Electricity has always been a volatile commodity — prices can fluctuate significantly within an hour, month, or year.
COVID-19 has amplified this unpredictability and now many traditional electricity retailers are requiring:
- credit assurances,
- higher commodity margins, and
- settlement premiums to cover receivable risk or refusing service.
How the AHLA’s new Power Program Will Help You Manage Costs
1. Reduce your property’s exposure to electricity market volatility through:
- Reduced energy management fees
- Direct supply from non-retail power producers
- A long-term partnership approach with GAE vs. long-term contracts – GAE succeeds if your business succeeds.
- Reducing your risk by monitoring the market to purchase energy at the right time, right price and right term. GAE uses its extensive resources, experience, and industry knowledge to make educated decisions on buying energy with one objective: to save you money.
2. GAE keeps things simple for you by:
- Providing a single point of contact & dedicated account management services (Rob Aujla, Bre Martiniuk & Lori Turnbull).
- No call centre, personalized service from fellow Albertans. You’ll know us by name!
- Simplified credit approval process
- Single invoice for both electricity & natural gas
For more information about the AHLA power program through GAE, please contact Michael Presniak, Director of Business Development, at 780.423.9239.