- Extending the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) to summer of 2021,
- Expanding the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) to help businesses with fixed costs,
- Improving access to Government loans (BCAP),
- Introducing further support for industries that have been the hardest hit, including tourism and hospitality, and
- Addressing tax avoidance by digital giants, such as Airbnb and other short-term rental companies.
HAC will now be working through the details of these programs with the government, and the AHLA will be working with them to ensure that Alberta hotels are appropriately represented and concerns are addressed. We will keep you apprised as things progress.
This good news is a result of your support of the AHLA and HAC and our advocacy work, so THANK YOU for standing behind us and your fellow hoteliers.
Please help us show appreciation of the government’s support for Canada’s hardest hit businesses by writing or tweeting Minister Joly (@melaniejoly) and Minister Freeland (@cafreeland) and using the hashtag #HardestHit.