Content provided by CorMac Projects Inc.
Paint peeling? Carpet fraying? Tubs chipped?
Nothing can reinvigorate a hotel like a renovation, but poor planning or inexperienced contractors can mean skyrocketing costs and unsatisfactory results.
When you’re considering refurbishment, construction, or renovations, what should you look for in a general contractor?
1. Have a detailed scope of work prepared prior to approaching a contractor. This will ensure you don’t get off track when you’re discussing your proposal.
2. Interview potential contractors. Are they willing to listen and do they try to understand your needs? Do they seem to understand your business and the logistics of your project?
3. Do your research. Price should not be the only factor when choosing a contractor. It is also beneficial to find out:
- Do they have previous experience in the hospitality, construction, and/or renovation sector?
- Are they bonded and insured?
- What resources do they have that will enable them to adhere to your timeline?
4. Ask for references. Businesses that have used a contractor in the past can give you insight into their reliability and the quality of their work. When speaking with references, you may want to consider asking:
- Is the contractor honest and reputable?
- Does the contractor find ways to reduce unnecessary costs?
- Does the contractor take a collaborative work approach, and are they fair and flexible?
CorMac Projects Inc. Hospitality Division specializes in general contracting for complete turnkey renovations, refurbishment, pre-construction, and new construction. CorMac’s hospitality division has a dedicated team of in house experts, partners, and sub-trades. With a thorough understanding of the requirements of the hospitality industry, they excel at delivering consistent quality results on time and on budget.