Fresh perspectives and innovative approaches are integral to the health and success of the AHLA, and all members have a voice in who represents them. Elections for the 2019 AHLA Board of Directors will take place in March 2019. Three seats are up for election this year and Nominations will be accepted until 4:00 p.m., Monday, March 4, 2019.
The board is responsible for governing the association by:
- Defining and communicating the AHLA’s vision, mission, and values;
- Focusing on the whole organization rather than individual issues of interest;
- Speaking with one voice;
- Directing the AHLA’s work by approving policy and monitoring impact;
- Managing its own self-governance; and
- Hiring and supervising the AHLA President & CEO.
If you have questions about the changes and/or are interested in running for election and serving on the board, please contact Perry Batke, AHLA Governance Committee Chair.