Energy Efficiency Alberta has outlined the rebate structure for the installation of new energy efficient guest room occupancy controls. A rebate will be provided for the installation of packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) units on a per room basis.
Installations will need to meet the following criteria in order to qualify for the rebate:
- Guest room occupancy controls meeting the following criteria:
- Heating type: PTAC with gas or electric resistance heating
- Occupancy detector: keycard or infrared/motion sensing
- Must be installed in a hotel/motel building
- Must provide specification sheet(s) with application
To participate, follow these steps:
- Review the Eligible Measures List. It includes rebate values and technical eligibility criteria for the Business, Non-Profit, and Institutional Energy Savings Program.
- Submit an online Application for up to $100,000 per Site ID. There are two application streams; post-installation OR pre-approval.
- Pre-approval is optional. It allows you confirm eligibility of your project prior to making the investment. Once pre-approval is complete, funds will be reserved for 6 months. Then, you’ll be asked for your final invoice and a proof of payment before the cheque is processed.
- Participants are encouraged to work with the contractor(s)/manufacturer(s)/distributor(s) of their choice to purchase and install eligible measures.
- Complete the online Application on your own or with the help of your contractor(s)/manufacturer(s)/distributor(s). There is no qualified contractor list.
- Finish your online application by adding equipment (including full model number) and uploading required documentation.