Fresh perspectives and innovative approaches are integral to the health and success of any organization, and all AHLA members have a voice in who represents them.
Elections for the 2018 AHLA Board of Directors will take place March 19-23, and two seats in each of the North, Central, and South zones are up for election. Nominations will be accepted until 4:00 p.m., Monday, March 5, 2018.
The board is responsible for:
- Engaging in strategic thinking and planning;
- Defining and communicating the AHLA’s vision, mission, and values;
- Directing the AHLA’s work by approving annual business plans and budgets, and monitoring the AHLA’s progress toward its mission;
- Ensuring the necessary resources are in place;
- Providing oversight on behalf of all AHLA members; and
- Managing its own self-governance.
Directors are expected to focus on the whole organization, rather than individual issues of interest or concern. When decisions are made, the Board speaks with one voice.
If you are interested in running for election and serving on the board, please contact Steven Watters, AHLA Governance Committee Chair.