With the support of Travel Alberta and the Government of Alberta, the Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) has presented the Housekeeping Award since 1983.
Alberta hotels & motels participating in the Check In Canada program are eligible for nomination. The recipients are selected based on a number of criteria, potentially including unannounced inspections, social media, and a detailed breakdown of TrustScores.
The awards have gotten a facelift. Based on your feedback, we have created a new visual identity for the Housekeeping Award, with graphics and resources that will help you tell your guests and staff about your achievement.
With the support of Alberta Culture and Tourism, 2015 Housekeeping Award winners will receive:
· An icon on their Check In Canada and 2015 Accommodation Guide listing;
· Logos for use in their promotional materials and website;
· Standardized artwork to use for tent cards and promotional materials;
· TV stills for lobby monitors and guest rooms;
· An icon to use on their social media accounts;
· A news release template to help you announce your award; and
· Videos that will help tell guests and staff about this hard-earned accomplishment.
These resources are available on our new Housekeeping Award website, including a video to help you train your staff about the importance of cleanliness and maintenance required to make your property stand out.
The 2016 Housekeeping Award nominations will open in early 2015. Stay tuned for announcements and information!