Manager, Human Resource Development
The Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) is a voluntary association that serves Alberta's tourism and hospitality industry. With more than 870 member properties across Alberta, our association represents hotels, motels, inns, resorts, bed & breakfasts and lodges. Our purpose is to support our members and strengthen Alberta’s Tourism and Hospitality Industry. The AHLA is a values-driven organization that strives to provide a flexible and exciting work environment for its staff
The Human Resource Development (HRD) team at the AHLA is currently recruiting for a Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to use their knowledge of human resources best practices to provide valued services and solutions for our members.
- Provide customized human resource training and development solutions for our members
- Development of new workshops based on the needs of our members.
- Manage and grow the Employer of Choice program
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external organizations, schools, other provincial associations and government departments
- Provide members with relevant, high quality resources and learning opportunities
- Travel across Alberta to facilitate workshops and meet with member properties
- Making tourism and hospitality an industry of choice in Alberta.
- Develops HRD annual business plan, budget, and Balanced Scorecard metrics.
- HRD goals & objectives are met, as per the annual business plan
Attributes and Competencies
- A positive attitude
- A team player
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work around set deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and customer service skills
- CHRP designation preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a small team or business unit.
- Experience in the hospitality industry a definite asset.
AHLA offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The David Aplin Group will be conducting the search on behalf of the AHLA. Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through the Aplin website, or can forward resumes directly to Jennifer Ward, at firstname.lastname@example.org.